Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]

Search Fish Tank Clan

Fish Tank Clan :: Forums :: Fish Tank Side Forums :: Round Table

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Baseball Thread
Moderators: kremit, Omni, alcosatz, O_Mega, kd., nostie, .4ngryToasters, Rusty, Knightrider, gLiTch, NoSkill, JapJap, b4ndito
Author Post
b4ndito
Wed Mar 04 2009, 04:55AM
b4ndito

Registered Member #958
April 9th is fast approaching, boys.

Who do you see being a dominant team this year, and why? How do you think your hometown team is gonna do?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Reds season. We have a very young team, and a great pitching staff; Volquez, Harang, Cueto, and Arroyo have proven themselves to me, even despite Harang having played injured for most of last season. Homer Bailey is finally honing his massive talents, Owings looks promising...

Also, I'm happy that Dunn and Griffey are gone. I really couldn't care less about how many runs Adam Dunn brought in, or how many home runs he hit. He sucked, he was overpayed, and he was abominable on defense. But with those two gone, we've switched around so that we'll have a better defense, and we're looking faster and better.

Despite what everyone says that our offense will be lacking without Dunn, both Joey Votto and Jay Bruce are going to be big run producers. Both hit very well last season (both rookies). Also, I'm excited to see Brandon Phillips, my favorite player, return and continue to knock in runs and make great plays. Jerry Hairston, Jr. is also an underrated player in the MLB. His numbers were great, and we didn't lose hope for a winning season until he got injured.

I think the Reds are going to the playoffs this season, at the very least.

I fully expect NoSkill and Emer to start chanting "Go Sawks" (and it is justified), Glitch to talk about Texiera (spl) and Sabathia as if they will make the Yankees good (they won't), and maybe we'll see Knight jump in with some jokes about the Pirates or how much he hates the Phillies (Wait, did they seriously win the Series? Wtf).

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BASEBALL SEASON!
Zero
Wed Mar 04 2009, 05:56AM
I want to fuck your hand.
Registered Member #571
It's been too long for a Yankees world series. I feel a change in the wind. I might actual watch this year
Rusty
Wed Mar 04 2009, 08:23AM
FTS Server Op

Registered Member #159
the red sox are looking good minus the brad penny push back and Drew back injection, and losing I think every game except to the college team we played.

But so far our started have been sick in their inning or two appearances they've had, especially lester.

Also can't wait to see Bay back in a sox uniform, and looking forward to seeing some rookies this year like Lars Anderson.

But I think we're looking at the toughest division, with three top contending teams this year, probably 3 of the best in the MLB, and one ain't gonna make the playoffs. Tampa Bay, Yanks and the Sox
But I think the Phillys are gonna be even better this year, probably a WS trip again.
Wolf
Wed Mar 04 2009, 04:00PM
Registered Member #95
If we're paying $54 million for Ryan Howard he better produce for us or atleast make me quesadillas. I fully hope to be trashed on Broad Street this time next November.
b4ndito
Wed Mar 04 2009, 04:29PM
b4ndito

Registered Member #958
Rusty, the Sox crushed us in a preseason game. It was a complete blowout. Granted, it was a game where we were testing rookie pitchers, etc... but still.
drunkirishmafia
Wed Mar 04 2009, 09:57PM
Registered Member #289
lsu in their new stadium..
Knightrider
Thu Mar 05 2009, 05:24AM
Meteor 2016

Registered Member #316
Reds will finish 3rd in the division.
b4ndito
Thu Mar 05 2009, 05:34PM
b4ndito

Registered Member #958
Knightrider wrote ...

Knightrider
Thu Mar 05 2009, 09:10PM
Meteor 2016

Registered Member #316
b4ndito wrote ...

Knightrider wrote ...

Not that they're a bad team, they're still young. They have got to develop yet. And with the contenders that they have to face in this division (aside from the lowly Pirates, who are actually expected to have a mediocre season this year), you have Chicago, and you have St. Louis, which has Carpenter back.

Yes, the Reds have a solid pitching rotation, but I expect some of the numbers to increase in terms of ERA. Not only that, the lineup depends solely on a few players.

The Reds will be good in the future. They just need to make a few acquisitions to their offense, and they should be fine.

Honestly, don't even watch baseball this year. It's not worth watching the Yankees buy their way to a WS ring. The only thing I'm going to watch it for is to see if the Pirates can crank out more than 75 wins for once. Nothing will make me happier.
Omni
Sat Mar 07 2009, 03:08AM
terrible one

Registered Member #33
with all do repsect i am not a fan of baseball
also april 9th means SPRING is coming ='[
snow will melt!!! *tear*
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF